Malted Tastykake Ice Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 Peanut Butter Kandy Kakes®, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ice cream stabilizer
- 1 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- 11 large egg yolks
- 3 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- Combine cream, milk, chopped cake, and dry milk and thoroughly blend with an immersion blender. Allow to infuse, chilled, overnight.
- Strain the mixture through a chinois or fine mesh sieve into a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar, stabilizer, and malt powder and whisk into egg yolks.
- Temper hot cream into yolk mixture. Return to low heat and cook, stirring, to 85°C/185°F.
- Remove from heat and whisk in chocolates until completely melted. Add rum. Chill in an ice water bath. Allow mixture to mature a minimum of 12 hours.
- Process in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer's instructions.
Created by 10 Arts Bistro & Lounge